Sunday, October 09, 2005

Legal Advice For The Rest of Us!

The United States is the most litigious country on the face of the Earth, if not in the entire Universe (although I couldn't possibly prove this fact, even in a court of law).

This means one thing for over 94% of the American Public -- that they cannot afford lawyers. That they cannot afford the absolutely ridiculous fees (I charge $325 per hour and that's not even the average) that lawyers charge for simple advice, simple answers and simple suggestions.

It's time that such practices be changed.

I have been planning to start this blog for sometime so that people would have somewhere to go in which to get answers to their legal questions without ever having to drop a dime on advice. Yet there were issues I had to resolve first. I had to ensure that my current employer would not find out about my free advice site as well as that it was totally legal. Such research has driven me to make the following disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The advice given on Amateur Legal Advice should be taken as advice only. Any information retrieved from this site is simply for entertainment purposes and it is up to the reader whether or not to use said advice. The author of this site is not responsible for what readers do with this advice or the outcome of any of their actions.

You should also be aware that my education in the legal field has been culled from a variety of educational and real-world experiences, practice legal knowledge and a variety of modern day media programs.

With that in mind, please feel free to submit any and all legal questions you may have -- but be aware that I will be posting your questions and answers on this site. If you prefer that your name is not used, please inform me of that as well.

Now let's help some people!